Provided by: Shane Kelly
total prep 213 calories/serving
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus additional for brushing dish
- 2 packages frozen corn kernels (10 ounces each), thawed
- 1 large jalapeno, halved, seeded, and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Pulse half of corn in a food processor with jalapeno, garlic and 1 cup of milk until corn is coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl with remaining corn. Whisk together spices and flour. Stir flour mixture into bowl with 1 cup of milk, eggs, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup cheddar, pepper jack and herbs, until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish and bake in middle of oven 40 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar and bake until just set in center, about 20 minutes more.