New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Paul Grimes
You'll win raves for this addictive corn pudding. The secret? A touch of chili powder and a hint of cinnamon leave you wanting more.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 13- by 9-inch baking dish (3 quarts).
- Puree 4 cups corn in food processor until almost smooth (there will be small bits remaining). Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining corn, sugar, scallions and cheese to pureed corn.
- In another large bowl, whisk together cream, milk, eggs, flour, salt, chili powder, pepper, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add cream mixture to corn mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Transfer corn mixture to buttered baking dish and bake until golden and center is set, 1 hour. Let pudding sit about 15 minutes before serving.