Corn-Stuffed Poblano Chiles
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 185 calories/serving
- Heat broiler. Lightly coat a large rimmed baking sheet and a 2-qt shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Put chiles on baking sheet. Broil about 5 in. from heat source 15 to 20 minutes, turning chiles often so they char evenly. Transfer to a saucepan, cover and let cool about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic; sauté 1 to 2 minutes to wilt scallions. Add corn; sauté 2 to 3 minutes then add cilantro. Remove from heat and stir in farmer cheese and salt.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Carefully peel skin off peppers. Cut in half lengthwise; remove core and seeds. Arrange chile halves in baking dish in 1 layer. Mound about 1/2 cup corn mixture on each half.
- Bake 10 minutes, top with Cheddar cheese and bake 5 minutes to melt cheese.