Crab and Asparagus Risotto
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 282 calories/serving
Creamy risotto gets transformed into a scrumptious main dish by adding crabmeat and asparagus. It requires a little stirring, but one bite will prove that it is worth the effort!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium orange pepper , diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or shallots
- 2 cup uncooked Arborio rice or regular long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural GoodnessTM or Certified Organic)
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- green beans , cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 pound refrigerated pasteurized crabmeat (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the pepper and onion and cook for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the rice to the saucepan and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook and stir until it’s absorbed. Add 2 cups of the broth and cook and stir until it's absorbed. Add the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until the broth is absorbed before adding more. Stir in the asparagus and crabmeat with the last broth addition.
- Stir in the cheese. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve the risotto with additional cheese, if desired.
- Tip: If you have some light or heavy cream on hand, stir in 2 tablespoons with the Parmesan cheese for a creamier dish.