Cranberry Brownie Mix in a Jar
Provided by: TASTE
Layered in a large glass jar, the mixture for these delicious brownies can be dressed up with a pretty ribbon, to which the baking instructions should be attached.
- 1 1/3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups organic sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups organic pecan nuts
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 8 free-range eggs
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the flour and salt. Pour half the flour into a 7-cup jar that is clean and dry. Press down firmly. Add half the sugar and, again, press down firmly. Add half the cocoa powder. Pour in the pecan nuts and cranberries, making sure they are evenly layered in the jar. Continue layering using the remaining fl our, sugar and cocoa powder. Place a paper doily over the lid and secure with a pretty ribbon to which you can fasten a card with the baking instructions.
- To bake the cranberry brownies: Empty the jar of brownie mix into a large bowl and mix well. Add 1 1/2 cups butter and 8 free-range eggs, lightly beaten. Mix until blended. Spread the batter into a lightly greased or sprayed baking tin. Bake at 350°C for 30 to 40 minutes. (Use a baking pin to test whether or not they are ready). Cool in the tin then cut into equal squares. Dust with Confectioner’s sugar and serve.