Creamy Chilled Cucumber Dill Soup
Provided by: Allison Fishman
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 medium English cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed roughly chopped dill, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, a few shakes
- In the bowl of a blender, combine sour cream, cucumbers, dill, salt, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce. Process until smooth; serve chilled.
- TIP: Be sure to put liquid at the bottom of the blender, and the contents will puree more easily.
- TIP: Try this soup with other herbs, like parsley or mint, or use a combination. Serving Suggestion: Place 2 tablespoons of crabmeat in the center of four shallow bowls, mounded tall in the center. Surround the crab with the soup and serve, garnished with additional herbs. For a vegetarian option, try sliced avocado.