Creamy Citrus Tomato Soup with Pesto Croutons
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Lemon juice adds a burst of fresh flavor to this creamy tomato soup topped with easy to make pesto croutons. But what makes this soup really special, is that it's ready in just 15 minutes.
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup (Regular or Healthy Request®)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon prepared pesto sauce
- 4 slice French or Italian bread , 1/2-inch thick, toasted
- Heat the soup, milk, cream and lemon juice in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on each toast slice.
- Divide the soup among 4 serving bowls. Float 1 pesto crouton in each bowl.
- Tip: If you have some on hand, spread a little goat cheese on the toast slice before topping with the pesto.