Crispy Wrapped Pork Loin with Mustard and Orange Sauce
Provided by: TASTE
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh sage
- 2 small pork loins
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 pound Italian style prosciutto, sliced
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 6 thin slices of orange
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Add the olive oil, pancetta and sage to a large frying pan then fry until golden brown.Remove from the heat,decant and set aside the pan juices. Set aside the fried pancetta and sage.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper then smear with half the mustard. Lay the prosciutto slices on a fl at surface then top with the fillets. Divide the pancetta and sage between the two fillets then wrap in the prosciutto.
- Using a pan, fry until golden brown, turning a couple of times. Remove then place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Add to the reserved pancetta-and-sage pan juices the orange juice, remaining mustard and sliced orange, then reduce slightly. Add butter to thicken.
- Remove the fillets from the oven then slice and spoon over the sauce. Serve immediately.