Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes and Almonds
Provided by: Alexis Touchet
Toasted sliced almonds give great flavor and crunch along with celery in this take on chicken salad. The grapes add a splash of color and sweetness.
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grain mustard
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups boneless skinless rotisserie chicken pieces
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- 3 large celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, sliced crosswise
- Preheat oven to 350 F. with rack in middle. Toast almonds on a baking sheet until pale golden, about 5 minutes, and cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, curry powder and sugar in a large bowl. Add almonds, chicken, grapes and celery and combine gently. Season with salt and pepper and serve over Romaine.