Provided by: TASTE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons harissa paste*
- 1 13-14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 14 ounce can can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Couscous or toasted naan bread, for serving
- Ripe lime quarters, for serving
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic and harissa paste then cook for about 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and chickpeas then leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes, until fragrant.
- Just before serving, add the cherry tomatoes and chopped coriander then leave for 5 minutes, until the tomato is tender. Serve with couscous or toasted naan bread and lime quarters. Season to taste.
- *A Moroccan chili paste available in Middle Eastern, specialty food stores, or better supermarkets.