Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Truly an easy brisket to serve for Rosh Hashanah!
- 1 beef brisket , trimmed (about 6 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 envelope (about 1 ounce) dry onion soup and recipe mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 can (16 ounces each) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 large onion , sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 pound fresh whole baby carrots , green tops removed
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Season the beef with the black pepper. Stir the soup mix, water and cranberry sauce in a medium bowl.
- Place the beef into a 6-quart ovenproof saucepot. Top with the onion.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Add the carrots to the saucepot. Pour the soup mixture over all. Cover the saucepot.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. Serve the gravy and carrots with the beef.