Fiesta Breakfast Casserole
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Need a simple and delicious breakfast dish to serve overnight guests? Try this easy to make casserole - you can put it together the night before and just pop it in the oven about 45 minutes before you're ready to serve.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 slice Pepperidge Farm® White Sandwich Bread , cut into cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 4 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Cook the sausage in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Spoon the sausage into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with the bread cubes and cheese. Beat the picante sauce, eggs and milk in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour the picante sauce mixture over the bread mixture. Stir and press the bread mixture into the picante sauce mixture to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Uncover the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Prepare this dish the night before and pop it into the oven in the morning. It's great for when you have overnight guests. Add a simple side of sliced melon and breakfast is ready!