- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small green pepper , chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion , chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 cup V8® Picante V8
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- In medium saucepan over medium-heat, heat oil. Add pepper and onion and cook until tender-crisp.
- Add V8 juice, garlic powder and rice. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 20 min. or until rice is done and most of liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese.