Fig, Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Phyllo Puffs
Provided by: Gail Simmons
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fig jam
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 16oz package of frozen phyllo, thawed
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll phyllo sheets and cut the stack of sheets into 3 equal strips about 3x12 inches. Brush 2 of the cut strips lightly with butter then stack together. Place a couple of pieces of prosciutto at one end of the strip. Place a small amount of fig jam on top and a few crumbles of blue cheese. Fold phyllo dough corner over the filling to cover it. Fold the triangle shape directly up to make a triangle-shaped pocket. Continue to fold over onto itself until you reach the top. Seal the last fold with a little more butter. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat process with the remaining filling and dough.
- Bake puffs in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.