Fingerling Potato Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
Provided by: Curtis Stone
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, washed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 shallot, cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 celery stalk, small diced
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Combine the potatoes, parsley, thyme, rosemary, shallot, garlic, and peppercorns in a large saucepot filled with 2 quarts of water, seasoned generously with salt.
- Bring the water up to the simmer with all of the ingredients and cook the potatoes gently for 10 to 15 minutes or until a small paring knife can be inserted easily into the potatoes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and place them on a baking sheet to cool in the refrigerator.
- While the potatoes are cooling, whisk the mustard, honey and vinegar in a large bowl to blend.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in the oil until the dressing has emulsified and well blended.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place the cooled potatoes in a large bowl along with the celery, red onion, chives, parsley, and dill.
- Toss the salad with enough dressing to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the salad onto serving plates, drizzle any remaining dressing over the salads and serve.