Flourless Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies
New Media Publishing
Provided by: Sandy Gluck
Perfect for kids (or anyone) who is allergic to peanut butter. Just check the label to be certain the sunflower seed butter wasn't processed in a plant that also processes peanuts. These are also gluten-free.
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat sunflower seed butter and sugars until well combined. Beat in egg, baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Shape into 24 walnut-size balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. With a fork, make a criss-cross pattern on top of each cookie and flatten slightly. Bake until set and lightly browned around the edges 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies with keep at room temperature in an airtight container up to 5 days.