Fruit-and-Nut Energy Bars
Provided by: Food&Wine
- 1 cup(s) kamut flakes
- 1 cup(s) pecans
- 1/2 cup(s) salted roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup(s) agave nectar
- 1/4 cup(s) smooth peanut butter
- 5 dried figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon(s) flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup(s) dried blueberries or currants
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse the kamut, pecans, cashews, agave nectar, peanut butter, figs, flax seeds, canola oil and lemon zest until coarsely chopped. Add the blueberries and coconut and pulse just until incorporated.
- 2. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and stir well. Form the mixture into 12 bars or rounds, 3/4 inch thick, and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 25 minutes, until the bars are browned around the edges. Let the bars cool completely on the baking sheet before serving.