Garden Vegetable Pizza
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Homemade pizza is easy with store-bought dough and a tasty tomato sauce packed with eggplant, red peppers and zucchini.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion , sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 small eggplant , cut into cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup red pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Prego® Chunky Garden Mushroom Supreme Italian Sauce with Baby Portobello
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen white bread dough (2 loaves), thawed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces)
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, eggplant, pepper and zucchini to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Stir the sauce in the skillet. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Place the bread dough on a greased 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Pat the dough to cover the bottom of the pan, forming a single large crust. Pinch up the edges to form a rim. Spread the vegetable mixture on the crust to within 1-inch of the edges. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.