Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 153 calories/serving
To complement this classic chilled soup, which you can make without ever turning on the range, toast rounds of French or Italian bread and while still hot, spread with herbed goat cheese or cream cheese.
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (3 cups)
- 1 cup diced cucumber, peeled if you wish
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce, or to taste
- Garnish: chopped cilantro
- Put 2 cups of the tomato juice and half of the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper and onion into a blender or food processor. Add vinegar, oil, garlic and hot-pepper sauce. Process until almost smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining juice and vegetables. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Garnish with cilantro just before serving.