Goat Cheese & Ricotta Cheesecake Squares with Berry Glaze
Provided by: Jeremy Salamon
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- 32 honey graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 16 ounces ricotta
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- Rasberry Glaze:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint raspberries
- For Crust: Preheat over to 350 F. Butter an 8x8x2-inch metal baking pan. Place graham crackers in a plastic bag. Using a rolling pin or mallet, crush crackers finely. Melt butter in a medium skillet over low heat. Remove from heat; add crumbs and toss to coat. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake crust until deep golden, about 12 minutes. Cool crust while preparing filling.
- For Filling: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese adn sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in egg and sour cream, then lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Spread batter over the crust. Bake cheesecake until slightly puffed and set in the center, about 30 minutes; cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Chill cheesecake until cold, at least 2 hours. Note: cheesecake can be made 1 day ahead. Cover when completely cooled and chill in refrigerator.
- For Glaze: In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil until sugar has dissolved; lower to a simmer. Add the raspberries and simmer until the liquid has reduced to syrup. Strain the syrup through a sieve and drizzle over cheesecake squares. Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.