Greek Salad with Chicken and Lemon Vinaigrette
Provided by: Alexis Touchet
Adding roasted chicken to a basic Greek salad takes it from salad course to main course with all those wonderful flavors still in play.
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups skinless boneless rotisserie chicken pieces
- 2/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (about 6 ouces)
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 romaine hearts
- 6 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Accompaniment: pita chips
- Mince garlic, then mash to a paste with an 1/8 tsp salt. Whisk together garlic paste, lemon zest and juice, oil and pepper to taste, then toss 1/2 cup of lemon vinaigrette with chicken, olives, cheese, parsley and onion and put on a platter. Quarter each romaine heart and reserve 2 quarters for another use. Arrange tomatoes and lettuce around chicken mixture, then drizzle tomatoes and lettuce with remaining vinaigrette.