Greek-style Lamb Burgers with Oregano and Feta
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Ruth Cousineau
Everyone loves crisp Greek salads and when topped with a savory lamb burger, it makes a salad into a dinner.
- 1 1/4 pound ground lamb
- 1 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups torn Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat broiler with broiler pan and rack.
- Mix together lamb, 1 tsp oregano, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper, then form into 4 patties. Broil patties, turning once, 5 inches from heat, about 8 minutes total for medium rare.
- While burgers are broiling, whisk together lemon juice and ¼ tsp salt until salt is dissolved, then whisk in oil until combined. Toss with lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and cucumber and divide among 4 plates. Top salad with burgers and sprinkle with feta.