Green and Yellow Bean Salad with Radishes, Onions, Lemon, and Basil
Provided by: Curtis Stone
- 12 ounces thin green beans, trimmed
- 12 ounces thin yellow beans, trimmed
- 6 radishes, sliced paper thin
- 4 white pearl onions, peeled, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Drain well; plunge into ice water. Once cold, drain well and pat dry.
- Toss the beans, radishes, onions, and basil in large bowl. Using a Microplane grater, grate the lemon zest over the salad. Squeeze the lemon juice over the salad and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the salad to a bowl and serve.