Grilled Banana Splits
Provided by: Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade
- For pineapple sauce: in a medium skillet over medium-high heat melt butter. Remove from heat and stir in crushed pineapple and rum. Return to heat and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and pineapple has begun to caramelize. Remove from heat and cool.
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise but do not cut through bottom skin. Open up bananas slightly and sprinkle some of the pumpkin pie spice into the center of each. Close bananas.
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
- Place bananas on hot oiled grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the skins are dark and bananas are warm turning once. Remove from grill.
- Open bananas and put 2 halves into each of 4 banana split dishes or oblong bowls. Top each with 3 scoops of ice cream. Spoon pineapple sauce and Champion Chocolate Sauce over ice cream. Top with sliced strawberries whipped cream nut topping and cherries.
- Indoor Method: Prepare Pineapple Sauce and bananas as directed. Preheat broiler. On a foil-lined baking sheet broil bananas 6 to 8 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes turning once. Serve as directed.