Grilled Niçoise Tuna Steaks
Provided by: Food&Wine
Salade Niçoise is one of the great summer dishes of Southern France . It's the centerpiece of a party that's all about sunny Mediterranean style, from the wine to the plates to the tea towels.
- 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) coarsely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) plus 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 large shallots, coarsely chopped
- 10 1-inch-thick tuna steaks, 8 ounces each
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the wine, mustard, thyme, fennel and shallots. Arrange the tuna steaks on a large rimmed baking sheet and pour the marinade over them. Turn the tuna steaks to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, for 4 minutes per side, until medium. Thinly slice the steaks, transfer to plates and serve.