Grilled Tuna with Lemony Scallion Sauce
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Ian Knauer
The lemony scallion sauce packs so much flavor into each bite that you'll probably want to make it all the time. It's great with the tuna in this recipe, but also plays nicely with steak, chicken, and even omelets.
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pounds tuna steaks (1-inch-thick)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Stir together scallions, cilantro, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub tuna all over with vegetable oil, then sprinkle tuna with 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper total.
- Heat 12-inch grill pan over medium-high heat until hot, then sear tuna, turning once, 5 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- Slice tuna and serve with scallion sauce.