Gyro-Style Veggie Burgers
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Veggie burgers get dressed up with a tasty yogurt, olive and feta cheese topping that adds a burst of Greek-style flavor in every bite.
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves , crushed
- 2 tablespoon sliced pitted ripe olive
- 2 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 frozen meatless burger patty (veggie burgers)
- 8 tomato slice
- 8 slice Pepperidge Farm® 100% Natural Soft 100% Whole Wheat Bread , toasted
- Stir the yogurt, cumin and oregano in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the olives and cheese. Season with the black pepper.
- Cook the patties according to the package directions.
- Divide the tomatoes, patties and yogurt mixture between 4 bread slices. Top with the remaining bread slices.
- Tip: For extra flavor use Kalamata olives instead of the ripe olives.
- Tip: This recipe can be halved to make 2 servings.