Hearty Lasagna Soup
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
The classic flavors of traditional lasagna are featured in this hearty soup starring Swanson® Beef Broth, tomatoes, tender beef, garlic, Italian seasonings, pasta and cheese.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Beef Broth (Regular, 50% Less Sodium or Certified Organic)
- 1 can (about 14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning , crushed
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked mafalda or corkscrew-shaped pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the beef, onion, garlic and parsley in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until the beef is well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the broth, tomatoes and Italian seasoning in the saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Stir the pasta in the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Stir in the cheese. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
- Note: Swanson® Seasoned Beef Broth with Onion is no longer available. Campbell's® Kitchen has modified this recipe with beef broth to deliver the same great dish you enjoyed.