Herb Crusted Pork Loin with Grilled Asparagus
Provided by: Curtis Stone
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle the pork loin with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill the pork until it is golden brown all over about 8 minutes.
- Add the rosemary sprigs to the grill pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast the pork until an instant-read meat thermometer registers 150°F when inserted into the thickest part of the pork about 20 minutes.
- Brush the pork with the Dijon mustard.
- Chop the parsley and thyme on a cutting board then mound the herbs to create an even bed that is the same length as the pork.
- Remove the pork from the grill pan (reserve the pan). Roll the pork in the herbs to coat the pork generously. Let the pork rest for about 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the reserved grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook until the asparagus is bright green and crisp tender turning them as needed about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Meanwhile whisk the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil the balsamic vinegar and garlic in a medium mixing bowl to blend.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the asparagus in the pan and toss to coat. Season the asparagus with salt and pepper.
- Visit http://curtisstone.com