Honey and Chile Glazed Carrots
Provided by: Melissa Clark
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large pinch cayenne
- Melt the butter in a very large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook, stirring, until carrots just begin to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the honey, 1/4 cup water, salt, and cayenne. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until carrots are just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Uncover pot and cook on high heat until pan sauce turns syrupy and glazes carrots, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary, before serving.