Horseradish Green Beans
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Paul Grimes
A dollop of horseradish in a quick-and-easy sauce gives these green beans a spark of heat.
- 4 pounds green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons drained bottled horseradish
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely choppped, flat-leaf parsley
- Cook beans in a large pot of boiling well-salted water, uncovered, until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain beans in a colander.
- Return beans to cooking pot, add remaining ingredients (except parsley) and stir until well coated.
- Transfer beans to serving platter, sprinkle with parsley and toss lightly.