Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Flavorful vegetable broth is the secret ingredient in this creamy chickpea appetizer spread. It makes a tasty dip for bread, pita chips, crackers or sliced vegetables.
- Put the beans and broth in a food processor. Cover and process until the mixture is puréed.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice and garlic. Blend until the mixture turns lighter in color. With the machine running add the oil and blend until smooth. Spoon the hummus into a small bowl. Season to taste. Cover and let stand for at least 1 hour or until the flavors are blended.
- Diagonally cut the bread into 1-inch thick slices. Brush the bread slices with oil. Grill or broil the bread as directed below. Serve with dip.
- Tip: To Grill: Lightly oil the grill and heat the grill to medium-high. Place the bread on the grill. Grill the bread for about 4 minutes or until lightly browned, turning the bread at a 90° angle (making crisscross grill marks), halfway through cooking.
- Tip: To Broil: Heat the broiler. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil the bread so the top is 7 inches from the heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned, turning over halfway through broiling.
- Tip: Recipe can easily be halved.