Italian Chicken & Peppers for a Crowd
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
You can easily feed a crowd of 15 with this tasty chicken and peppers dish that is served over tender spaghetti.
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast half or thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium green pepper , cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 3 cups)
- 4 medium onion , chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar (67 ounces) Prego® Fresh Mushroom Italian Sauce (7 1/2 cups)
- 2 package (1 pound each) spaghetti , cooked and drained
- Heat the oil in an 8-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to medium Stir the peppers, onions and garlic in the saucepot. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the sauce and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the chicken mixture over the spaghetti.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with crusty long Italian rolls. For dessert serve with fruit compote: sliced fresh oranges, grapefruit, red grapes and apples.
- Ingredient Note: We develop our recipes using a 4-to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving. However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, from the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Use whichever you prefer- just follow the recipe as written above for the best result. If you're using larger chicken breasts they may require a little longer cooking time.