Italian Chicken Tenders with Squash
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 329 calories/serving
- 4 tsp olive oil
- mediu zucchini and yellow summer squash (about 6 oz each), diced
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dried bread crumbs
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 11/2 cups bottled marinara sauce
- 1 can (4.75 oz) caponata (eggplant appetizer)
- 1/4 cup preshredded Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese
- Garnish: chopped parsley
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add zucchini and squash and sauté over high heat 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- Spread bread crumbs on wax paper; coat tenders with crumbs. Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in same skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Return squash to skillet, stir in marinara sauce and caponata and bring to a simmer. Place tenders on top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over medium heat 1 minute or until cheese melts. Garnish with parsley.