Italian Chickpea Stew
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 291 calories/serving
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 links Italian turkey sausage (about 6-1/2 oz)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 chicken broth cubes
- 1/2 oz each) chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 tsp each dried sage and rosemary
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated lemon peel
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook 3 to 4 minutes, breaking up clumps with a wooden spoon, until meat is no longer pink. Stir in garlic.
- Add 2 cups water and broth cubes. Bring to a boil, stirring until cubes have completely dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon peel. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes until spinach is hot. Stir in lemon peel.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.