Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 353 calories/serving
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper, halved, cored, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup diced ham (4 ounces)
- 1 box (8 ounces) yellow rice mix
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen cut okra, thawed
- 8 ounces raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and sauté until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water, bell pepper and ham. Bring to a boil, stir in rice mix, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in okra and shrimp. Cover and cook, stirring a few times, 7 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and rice is tender.