New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Sandy Gluck
You’ll be amazed at how tender these ribs are after only 25 minutes of cooking time-I know I was! The sauce is a sweet and tangy combo. Skim the fat off the sauce before reducing it.
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 rack beef or pork spareribs (2 to 3 pounds total)
- In an 8-quart pressure cooker, stir together pineapple juice, ketchup, soy sauce, honey, and ginger until well combined. Add ribs and toss to coat.
- Place cooker over high heat. Once the pressure is up to high and the valve begins to rattle, reduce heat to medium-low (pressure will still be up, but not as high). Cook 18 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow pressure to come down on its own and once it has, remove lid.
- Transfer ribs to a platter. Skim fat from surface of sauce and bring to a boil. Boil until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Brush some sauce on ribs and serve with remaining sauce.