Lasagna with Chicken Sausage
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 523 calories/serving
- 1 jar (26 oz) marinara sauce
- 1 pkg (2 oz) fully cooked Italian-style chicken sausage links, diced
- 1 tub (32 oz) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 pkg (8 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 box (8 oz) no-cook (oven-ready) lasagna noodles
- Have ready a 5-qt or larger slow-cooker. Mix marinara sauce, sausage and 1⁄2 cup water in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, mix ricotta, 11⁄2 cups mozzarella, 1⁄2 cup Parmesan, the garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Spread 1⁄4 the sauce mixture over bottom of cooker. Top with 1⁄3 the noodles, breaking noodles and overlapping as needed. Spread with 1⁄3 the cheese mixture, covering noodles completely. Repeat sauce, noodle and cheese layers twice. Spread remaining sauce mixture on top.
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours, or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1⁄2 cup mozzarella and 1⁄4 cup Parmesan. Cover and let stand 10 minutes to melt cheese.
- Serve with extra marinara sauce, if desired.