Latkes with Sour Cream-Mushroom Sauce
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
total prep 76 calories/serving
Traditional potato pancakes are tastier when they're served with this creamy mushroom-onion sauce.
- 2 large russet potato , shredded (about 3 cups)
- 5 green onion , chopped (about 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- Place the potatoes into a colander. Rinse with cold water. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Stir the potatoes, 1/2 cup onions, flour and 1/2 cup soup in a medium bowl.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. For each latke, drop 2 tablespoons potato mixture in the skillet, flattening into a 3-inch round with the back of a spoon. Cook the latkes, 5 or 6 at a time, until well browned on both sides. Drain the latkes on paper towels.
- Stir the sour cream, remaining soup and onions in a small bowl. Serve the sour cream mixture with the latkes.