Layered Shrimp, Corn and Pea Salad
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 508 calories/serving
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 11/2 lb ripe tomatoes (we used red cut in wedges and yellow cherry tomatoes cut in half)
- small chunks
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups green peas, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1 lb peeled, cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, basil or parsley
- Whisk oil, vinegar, juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and avocado; toss to mix and coat. Let stand about 20 minutes to deveIop flavors.
- Mix corn, peas and bell pepper in a 4-qt serving bowl; spread in a layer. Top with 1⁄2 the salad greens, all the shrimp, then remaining greens. Spoon tomato mixture over the top; sprinkle with cilantro. Toss to mix or spoon through the layers.
- This is especially attractive when brought to the table in a clear glass bowl, preferably one with plain sides so all the layers are visible.