Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 352 calories/serving
- 18 gingersnap cookies
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 bricks (8 oz each) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 16 oz reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Liquid yellow food color
- Garnish: whipped cream and quartered&&#-35 ;8209 ;lemon slices
- Heat oven to 325°F. Coat an 8 x 3-in. springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Crust: Break cookies into a food processor. Add butter; pulse until fine crumbs form. Press over bottom of prepared pan; freeze until ready to fill.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until smooth. On low speed, beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until blended. Beat in lemon zest and juice. Pour over crust.
- Place on a sheet of foil in oven. Bake 11⁄4 hours, or until puffed around edges and center still jiggles slightly when shaken. Cool 5 minutes, or until filling sinks slightly.
- Topping: Stir sour cream and sugar in a small bowl until sugar dissolves. Tint pale yellow with food color. Pour over filling; spread to edges. Bake 5 minutes to set. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Carefully run a thin knife around edge of pan to release cake (leave pan sides on). Cover loosely; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Up to 4 hours before serving: Remove pan sides; place cake on a serving plate. Garnish with whipped cream and lemon slices (see photo, below). Refrigerate.
- Planning Tip: Prepare through Step 6 up to 3 days ahead, or wrap airtight and freeze up to
- month (thaw 2 days in fridge before garnishing and serving).