Linguine with Tuna, Green Beans and Potatoes
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 448 calories/serving
- 1/3 cup whole natural almonds (with skins)
- 3 medium red potatoes (8 ounces), unpeeled, cut in 3/4-inch pieces
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 can (about 6 ounces) chunk light tuna in oil, oil drained and reserved, tuna flaked
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile put almonds in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir often until fragrant and toasted, about 5 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop with a large knife. Set skillet aside.
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan with cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil; add beans and boil gently 5 minutes or until potatoes and beans are tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Heat reserved tuna oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and beans. Cook 5 minutes or until potatoes are golden. Add garlic and stir until lightly colored and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tuna.
- Ladle off 1 cup cooking water from pasta; stir into skillet mixture. Drain pasta and put into a warmed large serving bowl. Add tuna mixture. Toss to mix well. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.