New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Paul Grimes
Tumeric and a dash of mild curry give this cauliflower dish a sunny jolt of yellow color.
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 Turkish bay leaf
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 large heads cauliflower (4 pounds) trimmed and broken into 2-inch pieces (12 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- Cook onion, garlic, curry, cumin, tumeric, salt, pepper, red-pepper flakes and bay leaf in olive oil in a 6-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, brown sugar, and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook over moderately low heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is crisp-tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower with a slotted spoon to a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley or cilantro.