Marble Cheesecake Tart
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Kate Slate
total prep 237 calories/serving
If you want, you can add 1 tablespoon of bourbon or dark rum to the vanilla batter.
- 5 ounces chocolate wafer cookies (20 cookies), broken into spices
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons extra-light olive oil
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature, cut into chunks
- 3 ounces full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature, cut into chunks
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the crust: In a food processor, process the chocolate wafers, ground flaxseeds, sugar, cinnamon, and salt to very fine crumbs. Drizzle in the melted butter and oil, and process to thoroughly combine. Press into the bottom and 3/4 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan, making sure the side walls are thick.
- Make the filling: In the same processor bowl (no need to clean), combine the cream cheeses, yogurts, whole egg, egg white, 1/3 cup of the sugar, and the vanilla, and process to a smooth puree.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the batter into a small bowl and stir in the cocoa, milk, and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Pour the vanilla batter into the tart shell. Dollop the chocolate batter randomly over the vanilla batter, and draw a knife back and forth through the two batters to make a marbleized pattern.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the oven off, prop the oven door open, and let the tart sit for 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.