Nutella-Hazelnut Bread Pudding
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Ian Knauer
For those who haven't tried it, Nutella is a rich, creamy chocolate-hazelnut spread. Here, we've made the most of its smooth and velvety texture to create a decadent bread pudding. Guests will swoon once they taste how the gooey chocolate custard transforms hearty chunks of bread.
- Preheat oven to 400F with rack in middle position.
- Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet, and toast in oven until golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer nuts to a clean kitchen towel and rub off skins. Reserve nuts.
- Heat milk and 2 containers Nutella in a medium skillet over low heat, stirring frequently, until Nutella is melted.
- Whisk together cream, eggs, and yolks in a large bowl until combined. Slowly add Nutella mixture, whisking to combine. Add bread to bowl and let soak at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Transfer bread mixture to a 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle hazelnuts over top of pudding. Dollop remaining container Nutella over top pudding, then bake until custard is just set, about 45 minutes.
- Let bread pudding cool to warm and serve with unsweetened whipped cream.