One-Dish Beef Stroganoff
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Tender strips of beef sirloin are quickly sautéed and combined with beef stock, mushrooms, egg noodles and sour cream for a simple, one-skillet dish that's ready in just 45 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak , 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into very thin strips
- 1 medium onion , chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 3/4 cup Swanson® Beef Broth
- Swanson® Beef Stock
- 6 ounce sliced mushroom (about 2 cups)
- 3 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Add the onion, garlic and parsley and cook until the onion is tender-crisp.
- Stir the broth and mushrooms in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the noodles. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Stir the sour cream in the skillet and cook until the mixture is heated through. Sprinkle with the parsley, if desired.
- Ingredient Note: To make slicing easier, freeze the beef for 1 hour before slicing.