New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
It's the Caprese with added pasta and meatballs for a complete meal that kids and grownups will both enjoy!
- 1 pound orecchiette or other small pasta shape
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12-16 oz) bag frozen meatballs, halved if large
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with a garlic press
- 2 pints (4 cups) grape tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 8 ounces mozzarella, preferably fresh, cubed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped freh basil or parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat, add the meatballs, and cover, turning occasionally until browned, about 3 minutes (depending on the brand of meatball). Stir in garlic, tomatoes and broth, simmer, covered until tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and toss with pasta. Stir in mozzarella, Parmesan and basil.