Provided by: Handmade Tv
- 1. Start by seasoning the meat with salt and pepper
- 2. Dredge the veal shanks in the flour
- 3. Assemble a coarse grinding plate to a mixer and grind celery, carrots, onion and garlic
- 4. Heat a Dutch oven generously with olive oil and brown the meat.
- 5. Then remove the meat and reserve it
- 6. To the same pot add ½ a stick of butter
- 7. Add all the shredded vegetables with white wine and sauté and return the meat
- 8. Add Italian tomatoes with its juice and mash with your hands or the back of a wooden spoon.
- 9. Add basil, thyme, bay leaves a sprig of parsley and cover
- 10. Bring to a simmer over medium heat
- 11. Then bake in a 350 F oven for 2 hours or so until the meat is tender