Oven-Roasted Fish with Lime-Butter, Spinach, Shiitake Mushrooms and Shoestring Potatoes
Provided by: TASTE
- 4 6- to 7-ounce hake fillets, skin scored
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- zest of 3 limes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 3 cups sunflower oil, for deep frying
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach, wilted
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the fillets onto a baking tray and rub with 2 tablespoons olive oil, then scatter with half the garlic and zest of 1 lime. Season to taste. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through but still firm and juicy.
- Mix the remaining lime zest with the softened butter and chill. In a small saucepan over a medium heat, fry the mushrooms with the remaining garlic and olive oil until glossy and cooked through. Slice the potatoes into matchstick-sized strips and deep fry in the hot sunflower oil until crisp and golden.
- Serve the warm fish topped with lashings of lime butter, with the wilted spinach, garlicky mushrooms and shoestring potatoes on the side. Season to taste.