Pan-Fried Artichokes, Fennel and Chorizo Tagliatelle
Provided by: TASTE
- 3 artichokes, trimmed
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 pound tagliatelle
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, cleaned and sliced diagonally
- 4 ounces chorizo, sliced
- baby arugula, to serve
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the artichokes in salted boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and refresh in cold water then halve the artichokes lengthwise and leave in water with the lemon halves to retain their color.
- Cook the tagliatelle until al dente.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, then fry the artichokes and fennel in separate batches, until a light golden brown. Remove from the pan, then fry the chorizo for about 20 seconds a side.
- Add the pan-fried ingredients to the tagliatelle and toss together lightly. Scatter with the baby arugula and season to taste. Serve warm.